Seattle Housing Authority is pleased to offer the Summer Youth Internship Program to Yesler Terrace youth. The annual internship program is designed to provide the youth of Yesler Terrace a great learning opportunity, meaningful work experience that is challenging and relevant to participants’ future career and insight into the redevelopment project.
Through this program, we also hope that those organizations involved in the neighborhood transformation have an opportunity to interact and learn from neighborhood residents in a creative way.
Program participants will receive a stipend for participating in the 8 week program.
WHO COULD APPLY FOR THE PROGRAM?
- current and relocated residents of Yesler Terrace
- 16 – 24 years old
- Committed to complete the whole program
WHAT IS REQUIRED OF INTERNS?
- Ability to work effectively in diverse teams
- Must have positive work attitude, enthusiasm and willingness to be creative
- Be a self-motivated learner
- Ability to respect confidential information
WHAT IS THE TIME FRAME?
- Pre-service Training (25-30 hours)
- Internship (Monday – Thursday, 6 hours a day)
- Start: Monday July 11th, 2016
- Finish: Thursday, August 18th, 2016
- Post – service Training (25-30 hours)
- Start: Monday, August 22nd, 2016
- Finish Friday, August 26th , 2016
WHAT IS THE APPLICATION PROCESS?
- Download application here:
- Submit application to Gina Lee (as soon as possible, no later than May 30th)
Mail: Seattle Neighborhood Group
1810 E. Yesler Way, Seattle WA 98122